Heart diseases have been the third leading cause of death in Hong Kong since 1960s. Heart attack prevention is critical. It should begin early in life. Start with an assessment of your risk factors. Do everything you can to lower your risk.
A heart attack can occur at any age. You are never too young to start heart-healthy living. If you are over 40, or if you have multiple risk factors, work closely with your family doctor to address your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
- Assessment by doctor
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) with report
- Blood pressure / pulse measurement
- Urine analysis
- Body Mass Index (BMI) measurement
- Family history of heast diseases
- High blood cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar
- Smokers and alcohol drinkers
- Stress life
- Physical inactivity