Do your broad shoulders seem out of proportion to your body to you?
If that's the case, Botulinum Toxin may help as a non-surgical treatment for shoulder slimming.
Botulinum Toxin, an effective aesthetic procedure best known for its wrinkle-reducing effects, can also use in shoulder slimming and relieve painful tension on your shoulder. This non-surgical procedure is also known as "Trap Tox", has been used to alleviate issues with bulging shoulders or prominent shoulder muscles. Botulinum Toxin can be used to successfully relax specific regions in the trapezius, a sizable muscle that encompasses the neck, shoulders, and back. This reduces tension in the muscle fibers.
One of the best things you could do to protect and improve your health is to stay informed. Marina Medical provides regular e-newsletter on health information, healthy living tip etc. Click the below button to subscribe to our newsletter.
The trapezius muscle is a large muscle that crosses the shoulders and extends from the base of the skull to the middle of the back. It is essential for shoulder mobility, stability, and posture in general.
The trapezius muscle consists of three parts: the upper, middle, and lower fibers. The upper fibers connect to the base of the skull and help elevate shoulder blades and shrugging. The middle fibers contribute to scapular retraction and adduction, while the lower fibers are primarily responsible for scapular depression and outward rotation. Excessive development or hypertrophy of the trapezius muscle can result in a broad or bulky appearance of the shoulders.
Trapezius muscle hypertrophy, also known as the expansion and growth of the individual muscular fibers inside the trapezius muscle, is the term used to describe the increase in size and growth of the trapezius muscles. This can be caused by a number of reasons, such as specific resistance training routines, progressive overload and diet.
In Trap Tox, with the help of trapezius Botulinum Toxin injections, large shoulder and collarbone muscles can be corrected and contoured for a slimmer silhouette.
Using injections of Botulinum Toxin, the trapezius muscle is selectively relaxed, resulting in a reduction in size and prominence.，giving the appearance of a slimmer shoulder.
The effect of Trap Tox will take three to four weeks to become obvious, and results will last for four to six months. Regular follow up treatments could extend the result.
Trap Tox is also an effective treatment for individuals of any gender who experience neck and shoulder pain, specific kinds of tension, poor posture.
- Muscle Relaxation: elaxation of neck muscle may help ease tension in the neck and the pain brought on by muscle contractions and spasms.
- Chronic Migraines: Botulinum Toxin injections have been approved by the FDA in the USA as a preventive treatment for chronic migraines. By relaxing the muscles and preventing the release of specific pain-signaling chemicals, it helps to reduce the frequency and severity of migraines.
- Cervical Dystonia: Also known as spasmodic torticollis, cervical dystonia is a neurological disorder characterized by involuntary neck muscle spasms. Cervical dystonia is frequently treated with Botulinum Toxin injections to relax the afflicted muscles, reduce muscle spasms, and improve neck posture and function.
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome: A condition defined by the presence of trigger points, which are hyperirritable knots or bands of muscle fibers that can cause localized or referred pain. These trigger points may be targeted with Botulinum Toxin injections to eliminate them and relieve pain and muscle tension.
Trap Tox, Botulinum Toxin injections for shoulder slimming are considered to be safe, quick, and relatively painless treatment that can easily be completed in clinic without requiring recovery time.
There are some important considerations to take into account to ensure your safety during a shoulder slimming treatment:
- Authentic Botulinum Toxin: It's important to make sure the Botulinum Toxin solution being used is of high-quality and authentic. This guarantees the treatment's effectiveness and safety.
- Licensed Practitioner: A licensed doctor with the required education and experience in injecting Botulinum Toxin should carry out the operation. This minimizes the possibility of risk and guarantees the use of a competent technique. For Xeomin, you can always check on their website to find out the certified medical centre.
- Appropriate Injection Dosage: For a shoulder slimming treatment, the right Botulinum Toxin dosage is essential. The average recommended dosage for this specific treatment in a licensed clinic is about 100 units, but the precise dosage may vary depending on the patient. The right dosage ensures the best outcomes and minimizes the possibility of negative side effects.
The pain of receiving a Trap Tox botulinum toxin injection into the trapezius muscles is comparable to receiving one elsewhere on the body or in the face. Each time a shot is administered, a very tiny prickling sensation will be felt as the needle punctures the skin. Apart from that, the therapy and the recovery period are relatively painless.
- People with considerably Broad Shoulders: To seem more balanced or slim, people who feel that their shoulders are wider or broader than desirable compared to their frame, may consider shoulder slimming treatments.
- Good Overall Health: Candidates for shoulder slimming treatment should be in good shape. To make sure there are no underlying conditions or contraindications that could affect the suitability for the treatment, it's important to have a full evaluation by a doctor.
- Realistic Expectations: Candidates must have expectations on the results of shoulder slimming treatments. These procedures may help create subtle changes in shoulder appearance, but they might not significantly change a person's body form or frame.
- Commitment to Follow-Up Treatments: In order to maintain the expected results, shoulder slimming treatments call for regular upkeep treatments and additional sessions. Candidates must be able and willing to follow the suggested treatment plan.
However, if someone falls into one of the following criteria, they might not be a good candidate for trapezius botulinum toxin shoulder slimming treatment.
- Underlying Medical conditions: Individuals may not be good candidates for shoulder slimming treatments if they have specific medical issues, such as neuromuscular disorders, bleeding disorders, or active infections in the treatment area. These issues can make the treatment less effective or increase the risk of consequences.
- Allergies or Sensitivities: People who have known allergies or sensitivities to the drugs used in shoulder slimming treatments, may not be suitable candidates. Before undertaking any kind of operation, it's important to let your doctor know if you have any allergies or sensitivities.
- Pregnancy or Breastfeeding: It is generally advised that people who are being pregnant or breastfeeding to avoid most cosmetic procedures, including shoulder slimming treatments. During these times, it's essential to put the health and wellbeing of the mother and the unborn baby foremost.
- Past neck or shoulder injuries or surgeries: This would depend on if the people are still going through the healing and recovery phase or if there is any structural integrity that would be affected. Before undergoing any shoulder slimming treatments, we STRONGLY advise such a person to speak with a knowledgeable medical professional or specialist who can evaluate the individual's particular situation.
Botulinum Toxin injections for shoulder slimming is a relatively simple treatment, and the potential side effect are rare. While side effects are generally mild and temporary, it's important to be aware of them. Here are some possible side effects of Botulinum Toxin injections for shoulder slimming:
- Pain or Discomfort: During or after any injection treatment, it is common to feel some pain or discomfort at the injection site. This discomfort typically passes quickly.
- Bruising or Swelling: At the injection site, bruising and swelling can happen. Most of the time, these side effects are mild and will fade away quickly on their own.
- Muscle Weakness: To achieve shoulder slimming, Botulinum Toxin temporarily relaxes the targeted muscles. In certain circumstances, this could result in momentary muscle weakness or feeling of heaviness in the treated area. Most of the time, this impact is minor and disappears when the Botulinum Toxin wears off.
- Headache: The injections can cause headaches, but they typically only last a short time and are mild.
- Allergic Reactions: Botulinum Toxin allergic reactions might happen, however they are uncommon. It's important to let your doctor know before the procedure if you have a known allergy to any of the Botulinum Toxincomponents or a history of allergic reactions to similar medications.
- Downtime: Botulinum toxin injections are delivered as an outpatient treatment, and patients are free to go as the operation is finished, and the majority of people feel fine and can resume their normal lives right away.
- Procedure time: It only takes 10 to 20 minutes to complete this quick and simple procedure.
- Results: Typically visible two to three days after injections and begin to take effect after two weeks. You'll experience reduced stiffness and soreness in the shoulders, neck, and back after the Botox begins to weaken the muscle. You'll also have a wider range of motion.
- Duration: Results usually last for four to six months, while some individual’s results may last a little longer.